Hello readers! Firstly, I just want to say a big belated happy new year – it’s 2015! Thank you once again for all your continous support for rhythm.connection. 2014 was a big year for us in so many ways, and already we’re gearing up for what is expected to be an even bigger year for 2015. To recap, here’s some of our most memorable moments of 2014:
– Attending concerts as media for the first time ever – we had the pleasure of covering shows in Toronto for Wanting Qu, Teen Top, Eric Nam, and Illionaire Records; this was a big step in securing our place as a go-to-blog for music junkies everywhere.
– Some very exclusive interviews – while we value the time and willingness of every person we’ve ever interviewed, there were a few specific chats that were very memorable for us: debut interview for YouTuber Sarah Lee, interview with producer iDR, post-Fiestar departure interview with Cheska, and our interview with indie singer Hyangni.
– Introduction of new segments/corners – we wanted 2014 to have some new direction and promised the fans back in 2013 that we would deliver on that; we introduced some off-beat blog entries (Canadians in K-pop, Letter Time, Vlog Time) as well as our super popular Contest Corner in 2014.
That being said, with a new year ahead, there’s a lot in the works. I am not able to specifically reveal a lot of what’s in the works, but I will make note of some things that have already been announced, and maybe a few special blog-exclusive details 😉
– Our chief editor (me) will be going to South Korea some time in the summer this year to explore the land of K-pop and kimchi; among the travel plans and hanging out, there will be some new in-person interviews in the works – stay tuned later this year to find out who we’ll be speaking to!
– rhythm.connection has partnered with LA/Seoul-based company Krowdpop to promote the upcoming UNITE THE MIC tour featuring Ailee, Jay Park and San E. More details to be revealed in the next few weeks!
– rhythm.connection is also partnering with another organization (which will remain unnamed at this time) to produce an event the likes of which Canada has not seen 😉 stay tuned!
– There are plenty of other announcements that we will reveal at a later time, and with good reason!
There you have it! 2015 is shaping up to be our biggest year yet. My oh my how we’ve been busy, but we do it because we love what we do, and you love what we do also. Thank you for being so supportive over the last five years and a bit. And just to show you we mean business, we’ll be announcing a new Contest Corner very soon, so keep your eyes open for more details! Until next time, this is a rhythm.connection exclusive!